Giorgio Mondini graduated from the State University of Milan in 1965 (J.D. magna cum laude) and was admitted as a lawyer in Italy in 1968. A recipient of a Fulbright Scholarship, he attended the Academy of American and International Law in Dallas, Texas, and was an Assistant Professor of International Law at the State University of Milan.
A founding partner of the law-firm Mondini Rusconi he has specialized in intellectual property, and specifically in copyright law, media law (including new media, the Internet, etc.), patents and trademarks, unfair competition, telecommunications legislation, and in corporate matters. He has represented large Italian and foreign media companies in transactional and contentious work in Italy.
He frequently pleads before Italian courts of any jurisdiction including the Supreme Court of Cassation and the European court of Justice , mainly in copyright and IP litigation matters. He has also acted as an arbitrator and has pleaded within arbitration proceedings.
He regularly advises some of the major trade associations in the above fields. He also is member of the International Advisory Board of Entertainment and Media Law of the Southwestern University School of Law (Los Angeles, Cal.) and former Vice Chairman of the IPR Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Milan (Italy).
He frequently holds seminars and conferences and is a lecturer in a post-graduate IP course for lawyers.
Mondini is a frequent international commentator on intellectual property and media issues. He is also the author of various publications on intellectual property, telecommunications and tax-related matters.
- International Intellectual Property Law – European Jurisdictions, co-author of the section on Italian law, Wiley, 1995
- Copyright Infringement, co-author of the section on Italian law, Kluwer Law International, 1997
- International Intellectual Property Law: Commentaries and Legislation, edited by the Center for International Legal Studies of Salzburg (Austria), co-author of the Commentary to the Italian Copyright Act, Oceana Publications, 2001
- “Design and Provisional Legislation: Can I Copy the Chaise Longue by Le Corbusier?”, (co-auth.) in Design Diffusion News, Milano Design 2010, Issue No. 169, June 2010
Patents and Trademarks
- “The EC Directive on the Legal Protection of Designs and Models”, in Le Nuove Leggi Civili Commentate, Cedam, 1999, pages 947- 1006
Media and Telecommunications
- “Italian Telecoms and the EC Law”, in Single Market Communications Review, Kline Publishing, 1991
- International Tax and Investment Service, co-author of the section on Italy, Tottel, 2006