Italian-qualified lawyer since 2014, and certified Professional Mediator since 2011, Flavia Marisi’s current research focus at Ghent University is on Environmental Interests in Investment Arbitration. She workedat the Chinese University of Hong Kong – Faculty of Law, both national and international law firms, the European Commission, the Court of Justice of the European Union, and an NGO.
She lecturedat the University of Milan on Cross-Border Disputes, at the University of Milano-Bicocca onComparative Civil Procedure, at King’s College London on Investment Arbitration and Investment Treaty Drafting, and at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and the National Chiao Tung University of Taiwan on International Investment Law: Principles and Practice.
Invited to speak to more than 50 conferences, her publication record counts 36 between journal papers, chapters and books authored. Among them:
- Is Intellectual Property “Investment”? Formation, Evolution, and Transformation of the Intellectual Property Rights – Foreign Direct Investment Normative Relationship, co-authored with JulienChaisse, 2018, 66(6) Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, ISSN: 1046-4344 (forthcoming 2018)
- Transparency and Public Participation: Balancing Investors’ Rights and Environmental Interests, Oxford University Press Investment Claims, June 2017
- Drivers and Issues of China-EU negotiations for a Comprehensive Agreement on Investment, co-authored with Qian, in Chaisse (ed.), China’s International Investment Strategy. Bilateral, Regional, and Global Law and Policy, Oxford University Press (forthcoming 2018)
- Reconciling China’s boosting investment economy and its environmental objectives, in Fernando Dias Simoes (ed.), The Legal Protection of Consumers: Developing a Market Economy in China, Routledge (forthcoming 2018)
- Development Banks as environmental governance actors: the AIIB’s power to promote green growth, in JulienChaisse and JedrzejGorski (eds.) The Belt and Road Initiative, Law, Economics, And Politics, Brill Nijhoff (forthcoming 2018)
- Another Conflict of Norms: How BEPS and International Taxation Relate to Investment Treaties, co-authored with JulienChaisse, Investment Treaty News, IISD, n. 2, vol. 8, Geneva, Switzerland, June 2017, ISSN: 2519-8467
- Transparency And Its Role In The EU-China Comprehensive Agreement On Investment, EU-China Observer, issue n.2, Bruges, Belgium, 2017, ISSN: 2506-8415
- Verso un nuovoruolodella soft law: leconvenzioniinternazionalisull’ambientenell’arbitrato di investimento, Vecchi e nuovi trend dell’arbitratointernazionale, in Colorio (ed.), AracneEditrice, (forthcoming 2018)
- Case Headnote – Venezuela v Tidewater Investment SRL and Tidewater Caribe CA, Decision on Annulment 27 December 2016, ICSID Case No ARB/10/5, Oxford University Press Investment Claims (forthcoming 2018)
- The Chinese Redemption: From Food Scandals to Leading Global Food Safety Policy, co-authored with DiniSejko, Hong Kong Lawyer, May 2018
- Case Headnote – Murphy Exploration & Production Company-International v Ecuador, Final Award 10 February 2017, Oxford University Press Investment Claims, January 2018
- Land tenure: balancing social rights and investment opportunities, RevistaEuropea de Historia de las Ideas Politicas y de lasInstitucionesPublicas, n. 11, October 2017