Donald C. Lloyd
Mid to Moderate Fee Range (Established and Accredited)
North Carolina Association Educators / NEA ,
August 2008 – January 2014, 5 years, Retired
As a Labor Relations Consultant, my duties included Labor, Employment and Human Resources responsibilities. Providing support and assistance to members of the National, State and Local Education Association both Certified and Non-certified employees of local school districts.
LLC, St Petersburg, FL. January 2000 – Present
HR Generalist /ADR Consultant, Mediator / Arbitrator
- Provides HR and ADR services, advice and consultation to the public, private, Local, County, State, and Federal government employees and employers.
- Managed an ADR caseload, designed diagnostic problem solving procedures for businesses, provide HR topical training, conflict coaching, and conducted mediation and arbitrations in various industries.
- Brought well developed organizational training, analytical and interpersonal skills to a business saving them time and money in their staff development and retention.
- Educates and counsels management regarding employee relations issues including, but not limited to investigation, discipline, communication, termination, hiring, training.
- Assists in the continuous development, implementation and improvement of programs.
- I have monitored and given advice on issues such as employee relations, conflict resolution, grievances, mediation, performance management and succession planning.
Ohio Education Association /NEA,
20- years Labor Relation Consultant 1980-2000 Retired
- Responsibilities included negotiating / administering 13 School District Labor contracts, along with the responsibility for issues such as wages, hours, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment for over fifteen hundred employees.
- Handled all disputes that arose pertaining to the misinterpretation and misapplication of the CBA.
- Handled all aspects of the analytical problem solving, including the strategic partnering with management on proactive planning, organizing, and implementing employee relations, training and development.
- Twenty years work with Labor and management, employee relations and human resources work with a successful track record of serving both sides in a highly professional manner.
- Recipient of the A.A.A., American Arbitration Association award for “Outstanding Service” in the field of ADR, 1999
Walt Disney World,
Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
EEOC Coordinator / Personnel Management. January 1980 -October 1980
- Trained new hires, then worked to resolve employment issues to prevent litigation.
- Participated in all aspects of the hiring process, conducted Management training in the Disney University
- Developed training to respond to the underutilization of workers in certain areas.
Member of the Assoc. for Conflict Resolution, Greater NYC, FL. and NC
Associate member of the American Bar Association, ABA, 2002-07
Member of the New York State Dispute Resolution Association, NYSDRA
Division Chief for Diversity, USCG Auxiliary National staff, 2005-09
Division Captain, 2006-08, USCG Auxiliary, First Southern District, Sector NY.
Currently serves as “Neutral” on several different Industry panels for Mediation & Arbitration.
Assistant Natl. Commodore, USCG Aux., Diversity & Inclusion Department 2010-12
Mediator for the National Mediation Board, Wash. DC., 2006-present
Arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau, NY, Conn., NC. 2004-present
260 1st Ave. S. St Petersburg Florida FL 33701, USA
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio BS – Education/ Psychology
The University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, Graduate work; towards the Masters of Public Administration degree