Retired EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Fuel Management of NTPC Ltd., India’s leading power utility having installed capacity of more than 25000 MW and ambitious growth plan of 75,000MW by 2017.
Responsible for monitoring & arrangement of fuel, (coal/gas, Naphtha etc. ) for power stations to sustain high level performance, which interalia includes tie up fuel (coal & gas) both long term/short term from Domestic/International sources through linkage & import etc.
Tie up of logistics inland/Rlys. & shipping etc. Liaison with Port/Rlys. authorities etc. To articulate & craft fuel sourcing strategy, liaison/interaction with Govt. authority/Policy makers/Regulator etc. Led the nucleus team of NTPC in the maiden foray into Exploration & Production of oil & gas.
Also having experience in Feasibility preparation, Project Appraisal ,Project Management, Construction Erection Commissioning of super thermal power projects, Materials & Contracts Management & construction of large scale Hydro power project.
Adept at, co-ordination supervision and managing the day-to-day and round the clock construction activities of large scale time bound projects involving a no. of multi disciplinary contractors. and maintenance of all specialized services, Infrastructural facilities in construction of power projects.
Keen understanding of the procedures and implementation of quality systems and complying with the norms of regulatory authorities. problem solving and man management skills.
Fair for adopting latest technology, systems in compliance with quality standards.
Expertise in swiftly ramping up projects with competent cross-functional skills for on time execution.
Deftness in project monitoring and review of project schedules, ensuring cost control within budgeted parameters.
Relationship management, communication skills with the ability to network with project members, consultants, contractors and statutory agencies.
Area of Expertise;
- Construction and project management of large scale infrastructure projects in thermal & Hydel power sector.
- Land Acquisition, Conducting Socio Economic Survey, formulation and execution of Resettlement & Re habilitation plans, Drawing up Environment protection measures etc.
- Locating and Tie-up for Basic project Inputs.
Evaluate feasibility for the execution of plant modification projects, developing plans & schedules for same In sync with project budgets.
Develop project execution plans after thorough discussion with clients, selection of sites, project evaluation in terms of outlays and profits attached.
- List down the resource needs for projects, after considering the budgetary parameters set.
- Monitor project schedule & execution status through periodic project review meetings.
- Evaluate Designs; coordinate with Consultants and Sub Contractors for changes in the same.
- Management of control, receipt, consumption, storage of materials( spares, consumables, construction materials) for operation of 6×210 MW & construction of 2×500 MW thermal Power Plants.
- Contract & Purchase Management for goods & services, Insurance & Risk Management, Inventory control, spare part development, formulation & Implementation of job contract through land oustees co-operative, Implementation of self employment schemes for the project affected persons.
- Dispute resolution/conflict management, analyzing of claims, conduction of arbitration proceedings in the matter of contractual claims lodged by leading civil agencies. Preparing of different documents in liaison with leading advocates in the capacity of presenting official and star witness representing NTPC. Successful in obtaining favourable judgement for the corporation by articulating proper documents, evidence, etc.
- Fuel Management for Gas based Power stations, 4000 MW multiple Power utilities-conceptualizing & structuring strategies for co-ordination with stake holders, policy makers, peer industrial groups etc.
- Business development in liquefaction of natural Gas Value chain including acquisition of Oil &Gas acreage.
- Management of exploration activities n Oil & Gas Blocks.
- Management of all the fuel related activities for 30,000MW spread across all over the country for tie up of Coal, Natural gas, RLNG, Fuel oil Naphtha.
- Executive Director (Fuel Management) – Coal, Gas & E&P in NTPC Ltd: Since April, 2009
- In NTPC Ltd., the biggest Utility Company in India with around 27904
MW capacity and intending to reach 74,000 MW by 2017 in the area of
conventional thermal (coal based), combined cycle power plants
(CCPP), consultancy services and hydro power plants in India.
Sr. Management/leadership positions held:
- Executive Director (Fuel Management) Coal, Gas, E&P at Corporate Centre, New Delhi – Since April, 2009.
- General Manager (Gas Sourcing, E&P) at Corporate Centre, New Delhi – Septr,2004 to March,09.
- General Manager – August 2003 to September 2004 (Koldam Hydro power Project)
- AGM(Projects) – AGM-Incharge – April 2000 – August,2003 (Koldam Hydro Power Project)
- Dy.Gen.Manager(Contracts & Matls) – Jan.,1993 – April,2000 Vindyachal Super Thermal Power Project.
- Sr.Manager & Head of Deptt (Civil) – April,1988 – Jan.,1993 (Korba Super thermal power station)