Membership Categories and Levels
Mid to Moderate Fee Range (Established and Accredited)
Appointments, Honors, and Public Service
- Board of Examinations: The Charter Institute of Arbitrators – a global organization headquartered in the United Kingdom, 2011 – present (ongoing).
- Board of Directors: College of William & Mary New York Alumni Chapter, 2012.
- Board of Directors, McNeese State University Banners Series, 2002 – 2004. Board of Directors, Samaritan Counseling Center, Community Relations Chair, 2001 to 2004.
- Professionalism and Quality of Life Committee, Louisiana Bar Association, lecturer and trainer, 1998 – 2004.
- Recognized as a “Woman in History” during “National Women in History Month,” featured on NBC/KPLC-TV as First Woman Elected Judge, from her 5 Parish District, in Louisiana’s history, 2003.
- Judicial Liaison Committee, Louisiana Bar Foundation, 2003.
- Board of Governors, Louisiana Judicial College, 1995 – 2002.
- The Education Committee, Louisiana Bar Foundation, 2002.
- Louisiana’s Third Circuit Court of Appeal Outreach Director, 2000.
- John C. Stennis Center for Women in Public Service, honored as “Pacesetter – proven leaders from across the South who…serve as examples to others who aspire to public service careers,” 1999 and 2000.
- Gender Fairness, International Outreach, Judicial-Academic Network, and Resolutions Committees: National Association of Women Judges, 2000.
- Media Advisory Committee, Campaign for the Children, 1998.
- Judicial Relations Committee, National American Inns of Court, 1998.
- Judge Albert Tate, Jr., American Inn of Court (an organization designed to promote ethics, professionalism, and civility in the legal community), Founder and President, 1994 – 1998.
- Keynote Speaker, Louisiana Women’s Conference, 1997.
- Appellate Court Performance Standards Commission, 1996.
- Self Magazine, featured for accomplishments, 1986.
Papers and Publications
- ARBITRATION – A CASE FOR JUDGES TO BE HEARD, New York State Bar Association’s The Insider, 2016.
- ?Louisiana Civil Trial Procedure, Practice Series, a lead Author, Thomson Reuters West Publishing, 1995 (ongoing).
- You & The Law, Author, book on Civil Law for the lay person, published 1993.
- Lagniappe, Author of Newspaper Column on Civil Law, 1994 – 1995.
- The Appearance of Impropriety – A Critical Review, Author, article on Ethics in Louisiana, 1998.
Professional, Civil, and Community Affiliations
- The Charter Institute of Arbitrators, Board of Examinations.
- American Bar Association (Dispute Resolution and International sections).
- New York State Bar Association (Dispute Resolution section).
- New York City Bar Association.
- International Bar Association.
- International Chamber of Commerce.
- Appellate Court Judges’ Association.
- American Inns of Court.
- National Association of Women Judges.
- American Judges Association.
- American Judicature Society.
- Federal Bar Association.
- Louisiana State Bar Association.
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association.
- American Business Women’s Association.
The University of Virginia, School of Law, (L.L.M.) Masters in Judicial Process, Charlottesville, Virginia, 1998.
Loyola University, New Orleans School of Law (J.D.), New Orleans, Louisiana, 1981 – Civil Law.
The College of William and Mary, (B.A.), Williamsburg, Virginia, 1967 – Psychology.