- ARBITRATOR: American Arbitration Association (AAA) – Commercial, Employment, International (ICDR), and Appellate Panels (serving as Chair in multiple cases); Judicial Settlement Conference – New York, New York. Joined the AAA in 2006.
- Decided large, complex commercial matters with multiple parties; involving telecommunications, banking, entertainment, construction industries, class action issues, to name a few; software and royalty issues; subcontracts; breach of contract; bonus entitlement; employment contracts; discrimination/harassment, retaliation, and constructive discharge claims under Title VII, the New York State Human Rights Law, and the New York City Human Rights Law; intentional/negligent infliction of emotional distress; wrongful discharge; indemnification; collective action waivers; Assignment Claim Investment Agreements; Arbitrability; audits; confidentiality; non-compete; financial broker issues; private equity firm issues; matters governed by New York Labor Law.
- Presented – Association for Conflict Resolution Greater NY (ACRGNY) 2010 Conference; American Bar Association Annual Meeting, 2011, Toronto, Canada – Dispute Resolution Section: “How Arbitrators Think and What You and They Can Do About it: A Journey Into the Minds of Arbitrators.”
- Training – “Chairing an Arbitration Panel: Managing Procedure, Process, and Dynamics,” which addresses the first meeting of the Panel, the Preliminary Hearing, the Evidentiary Hearing, deliberation and writing of Awards, post-hearing issues, working with the AAA’s case management staff, and non-neutral party-appointed arbitrators, 2011/2012; “AAA Arbitration Awards: Safeguarding, Deciding & Writing Awards (ACE001),” 2009; AAA Arbitrator I Training: “Fundamentals of the Arbitration Process,” 2006.
- MEDITATOR: American Arbitration Association – Commercial, Employment, and International Panels; New York Courts Commercial Division. Basic Training and Advanced Commercial Mediation Certification.
- APPELLATE COURT JUDGE: Louisiana Third Circuit Court of Appeal, January 1992 through December 2004.
- VISITING FACULTY: Harvard University School of Law, Cambridge, Massachusetts, “Trial Advocacy Workshop,” 1999 – present (ongoing).
- POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY PRACTITIONER, Certified 2014.
- INSTRUCTOR: National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2003.
- FACULTY: McNeese State University, Lake Charles, Louisiana, 1985-1990. Courses on the law included Mass Communications, Business, Torts, Successions, and Family Law.
- INSTRUCTOR: Loyola University School of Law, New Orleans, 1980 “Appellate Advocacy, Research, & Writing.”
- ATTORNEY/LITIGATOR: General Civil Law solo practice, Lake Charles, Louisiana, 1981 to 1992.
- Fox TV, “You & the Law,” Creator and Host, weekly, legal segment on all aspects of law, Louisiana, 2003 – 2004.
- Court TV, Catherine Crier Live, multiple Guest appearances as Legal Expert, 2002 – 2003.
- NBC/KPLC TV, “Building Bridges,” Co-Host, weekly program, Louisiana, 1996.
- NBC/KPLC TV, “You & the Law,” Creator and Host, weekly, legal segment on all aspects of law, Louisiana, 1981 – 1995.
- NBC/KPLC TV, “Youth & the Law,” Creator and Host of Prime-Time Special on Law, audience participation, Louisiana, 1994.
- Lifetime Television Network, Guest appearance as Legal Expert on Domestic Violence Law, 1994.
- “Youth and the Law,” Creator, “hands on” program, giving youth “field” experience with all levels of the court system and the jury process, Louisiana, 1994 – 2004.