LL.M. in International Legal Studies: August 2000 – May 2001 American University, Washington College of Law, Washington D.C.
Specialization: International Business Law,
Activities: Worked as research assistant for Prof. Padideh Ala’I, an expert on WTO and its dispute resolution mechanism, researched and wrote in the fields of International Trade Law and the WTO dispute settlement mechanism; Spring 2001
B.L. Bachelor of Laws (JD equivalent): July 1996 – June 1999 Dr.Ambedhkar Government Law College, University of Madras, Chennai (Madras), India.
Areas of interest: Constitutional, Corporate & Criminal Laws
Activities: Nominated as project Coordinator (1998-99), Organized number of seminars in various fields of Law and special events, including the grand Centennial Celebrations of 1999
B.A. Bachelor of Arts in History: July 1993 – June 1996 Loyola College, University of Madras, Chennai (Madras), India
Areas of Interest: Modern Indian History, History of the Far East and U.S. History.
Activities: Elected President of the Students Union (July 1995 – June 1996) Served as a bridge between the students and the administration, and was instrumental in providing a very eventful and meaningful year.
Admitted as an Advocate (Attorney), to The Bar Council of Tamil Nadu (State), India, in April 2000.
Currently Senior Partner at RK Law Associates, a boutique Law firm, and attached to the Chambers of Mr.M.Ravindran, Senior Advocate and Former Additional Solicitor General of India, practicing in various areas of Corporate, Constitutional, Civil and Criminal Laws. Regularly appearing before the Hon’ble Supreme Court, High Courts, City Civil Courts, Sessions Courts, Company Law Board, Trade Mark Registry and other Tribunals.
Empanelled as one of the Legal Advisors of Chennai Port Trust since April 2007 representing the Trust in Arbitration Cases and other Court Cases.
Empanelled as one of the Legal Advisors of Kamarajar Port Limited since January 2009 representing the EPL in Arbitrations, Supreme Court, High Court, Tribunals etc.
Advocate, (Dua Associates, Chennai) September 2002 – May 2007
Dua Associates is one of India’s leading law firms having offices in New Delhi, Gurgaon, Chandigar, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore Hyderabad and Chennai, provides legal services to clients’ on corporate, commercial, financial and tax planning aspects of modern business.
- Areas of practice, include, Constitutional, Corporate and Commercial law, both litigation and Non Litigation work, Project Finance and Intellectual Property Rights work.
- Assisting Senior Partner in drafting contracts and legal opinions, and in conducting due diligence for corporations.
- Attending to corporate litigation/compliance work before the High Court, City Civil Courts, CLB, NGT and the ROC.
Consultant, CIVICUS World Alliance for Citizen Participation, (NGO), Washington D.C. February 2002 – May 2002
- Reviewed and documented information on global civil societies and citizen participation around the world.
- Assisted the team preparing the quarterly magazine called CIVICUS World.
- Collected and reviewed information about civil society contribution globally in the field of market structuring around the world.
Consultant, World Bank, Inspection Panel, Washington D.C. June 2001–January 2002
- Assisted the Panel in the investigation of cases;
- Researched on the various aspects of the cases, including the Bank’s Operational Policies and Procedures;
- Reviewed Project Documents and made recommendations to the Board of Directors;
- Obtained a detailed knowledge about international project financing and structured financing involved in these large projects; and the various documents involved in these projects.
Apprentice, V.C.K. Associates, Chennai, India August 1999 – August 2000 A small but vibrant Chennai law firm which caters to a diverse clientele, which includes Banks, other Financial Institutions, Corporations and private individuals.
- Represented and argued cases before High Court of Madras, district & magistrate courts and tribunals.
- Assisted senior partner in examining documents and preparing notes.
- Responsible for updating clients with developments in their respective cases in fields of corporate, labor, writ and arbitration laws.
- Received basic training in advocacy, by assisting the senior partner in trial proceedings.
- Provided research assistance and prepared reports based on those trials.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a very diverse environment.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Determination and confidence to take upon any challenge at work and complete it in a timely manner.